Hide and Seek

Patch notes, server status, and major news.
Caminrya
Posts: 1

Re: Hide and Seek

Post#21 » Tue Sep 15, 2026 11:39 pm

While it’s definitely frustrating not being able to log on, I don’t think there’s any real purpose in snapping at the people who are keeping us updated and working through the issue. They’re doing what they can to get things resolved.

I also don’t think it’s a bad idea to keep things positive during an event like this. At this point, we could use all the positive vibes we can get!

Konoe
Posts: 4

Re: Hide and Seek

Post#22 » Wed Sep 16, 2026 12:03 am

Osteon wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2026 10:31 pm At this point I shouldn't be surprised that when I look at a game community I see a vocal minority of wretched, sad people show up to complain like entitled, senseless children. Being an entitled little shit doesn't do anything good for you, or for the community.

The event sounds fun. They've announced the DDOS may be fixed in a couple of days, so by this weekend things may be all cleared up. It's cool the GMs wanted to do something positive since we've all been dealing with this crazy attack.
Agreed. There's no need to be filled with negativity every single day. Hopefully the GMs can get it done and the participants have a good time in the middle of these rough times here.

Doomood
Posts: 1

Re: Hide and Seek

Post#23 » Wed Sep 16, 2026 12:27 am

tbf. The general majority of people can't login at this point. I am in CAN, and its just shut out. I've tried a VPN on multiple different countries - no access.

It's been weeks of standing with you guys on the DDOS, now days of no login.

At what point do we ensure the DDOS protection will be operational, and communicated properly between both the host and the clients? I think it's fair to say that there is some level of profit in operating a private sever - you're not working a day job to fun a public server.

If the company said it would be ready two weeks ago when switching to a DDOS protected server, as the purchaser - it should be expected for that to be true - or somebody should incur the fee's (the host).

I think it just really comes down to where are we at here - can we be expected to have this fully operational and without disruption by end of month - like what's the actual realistic answer?

I just think it's a bit insulting to promote events when a majority can't even login. I don't want shade either Kestrel, like I've seen to others. It's your responsibility to be on this, both for the players side, but to ensure the host upholds their side.

Billymays
Posts: 2

Re: Hide and Seek

Post#24 » Wed Sep 16, 2026 12:57 am

Doomood wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2026 12:27 am tbf. The general majority of people can't login at this point. I am in CAN, and its just shut out. I've tried a VPN on multiple different countries - no access.

It's been weeks of standing with you guys on the DDOS, now days of no login.

At what point do we ensure the DDOS protection will be operational, and communicated properly between both the host and the clients? I think it's fair to say that there is some level of profit in operating a private sever - you're not working a day job to fun a public server.

If the company said it would be ready two weeks ago when switching to a DDOS protected server, as the purchaser - it should be expected for that to be true - or somebody should incur the fee's (the host).

I think it just really comes down to where are we at here - can we be expected to have this fully operational and without disruption by end of month - like what's the actual realistic answer?

I just think it's a bit insulting to promote events when a majority can't even login. I don't want shade either Kestrel, like I've seen to others. It's your responsibility to be on this, both for the players side, but to ensure the host upholds their side.
If people can’t login then the event won’t be happening, Kestrel said it is expected to be resolved until the day the event takes place, all we can do is wait really, the server is free after all, not like we’re losing subbed days over this

Ciggitybutts
Posts: 95

Re: Hide and Seek

Post#25 » Wed Sep 16, 2026 2:09 am

Kestrel wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2026 9:42 pm
Doloresguy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2026 9:38 pm
meh, whatever bro. we'll all be playing Forever beta by that time anyways
Enjoy the bots, I hope you get a good deal on a level 60 ;)
Hopefully a Gressil won't go for 200k by then :P Wouldn't even want to log in to try and get that as Rogue. Possible Warrior now too. blizz servers... oh god.

User avatar
Disporia91
Posts: 1

Re: Hide and Seek

Post#26 » Wed Sep 16, 2026 2:37 am

open command window type in

ipconfig/flushdns

it worked for me please give it a try if your getting frustrated with the login
I am literally a caveman at anything outside torrents and world of warcraft and i got myself connected.

Thegenxfiles
Posts: 3

Re: Hide and Seek

Post#27 » Wed Sep 16, 2026 4:45 am

Doloresguy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2026 10:41 pm
Kestrel wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2026 9:42 pm
Doloresguy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2026 9:38 pm
meh, whatever bro. we'll all be playing Forever beta by that time anyways
Enjoy the bots, I hope you get a good deal on a level 60 ;)
you're the one ripping off their intellectual property. also, I can login over there. definitely worth 50 bucks
wtf are you spending 50 dollars on Blizztard wow,sub is 15 unless you're planning to drop the 30 dollars or more on stupid shit like gay sky elves and more cosmetics designed by woke leftist hack devs who have strung fans along for a decades just because the blue hairs and alphabets told them to. That company ruined hero shooters so bad a chinese commie company made one better,diablo is in the mud thanks to poe2 and while i love guildwars 2 Blizzard was so creatively bankrupt they HAD to steal mount mechanics for their fail expac about dragons. Blizzard addicts have begged for classic,housing,then complained and cussed about classic, and housing, and season of discovery over and over. But..this time (with the same devs) it'll be different...they put shaders...and paywalled smurfs...and and and new zones (hyjal isnt new,riverglades looks like a reskinned wetlands and the sky elves starting zone is paywalled...the reason they added 9 dungeons is they even said "NO classic dungeons will be open yet" so these are just replacements lol and raids and pvp are niche discussions. They are grifting like they always do and i play horizontal progression games...they are 90% boring 10% fun and people will see that soon enough. I am ok if people wanna pander to them but leave people alone who just want a real and chill experience with a game they enjoy without corrupt overlords hovering over screwing the game up.

Darien
Posts: 74

Re: Hide and Seek

Post#28 » Wed Sep 16, 2026 5:52 am

Osteon wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2026 10:31 pm At this point I shouldn't be surprised that when I look at a game community I see a vocal minority of wretched, sad people show up to complain like entitled, senseless children. Being an entitled little shit doesn't do anything good for you, or for the community.

The event sounds fun. They've announced the DDOS may be fixed in a couple of days, so by this weekend things may be all cleared up. It's cool the GMs wanted to do something positive since we've all been dealing with this crazy attack.
No lie. They try to do something fun for us and get this wall of miserable whining, like the GMs could do anything about the DDOS if they weren't doing fun community stuff. Blizzard coddled this culture of entitled nonsense; it's good to see Octo paying it no heed, though it's sad that it followed us over here anyhow.

Trusty420
Posts: 6

Re: Hide and Seek

Post#29 » Wed Sep 16, 2026 6:15 am

Crazy how all the negative doomsday comments are the first to show up on new Forum posts lmao.

Permanent online lowlifes or bots just waiting to spew hate and spread it because their own life is miserable.


I think its a nice idea to host an Event for the Community.

Sure the DDOS Situation sucks, but the GMs hosting this event cant change that either.

User avatar
Ryder
Posts: 1

Re: Hide and Seek

Post#30 » Wed Sep 16, 2026 6:21 am

We need Purge day event! Not this child fun. Or Highlander event. There can be only one!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest