DDoS Updates

Patch notes, server status, and major news.
Schwarzschild
Posts: 43

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#81 » Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:53 pm

Skeleton wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:18 pm
Schwarzschild wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 4:50 pm
Rocksmash wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 4:42 pm

you have to understand theres alot of people against AI in 2026. I lean more against AI so I can understand why he is mad at you for using AI, however, I do understand that sometimes people dont have the time or energy to do research, so I can completely understand why you used AI for the example you provided. Although I would love to just agree with the other guy and say "AI IS BAD" theres two sides to a story and in a way its not even your fault for using it, its more googles fault for allowing it to be accessed so easily. but again, im a nobody and my opinion is just an opinion, keep using AI if its more convenient for you, I hope this gives you some insight on maybe why that guy was so upset <3 <3 <3
Well at least I properly labeled my "source" accordingly. Most people do not, which is a big part of the problem to begin with. I remember when people (teachers, professors, etc) ranted about Wikipedia (and the internet in general) ruining students' educations. Just like a Wiki, AI can be the START of an investigation or learning process, pointing you to other, proper sources. But it must never be the end of an investigation.
getting shit off wikipedia doesn't give people living around data centers 7 different types of cancer though. but you continue patting yourself on the back for being so smart buddy. i definitely couldn't have found how much ddos attacks cost through any alternative search engine that doesn't capitalize on making the earth uninhabitable.
you're just here to be rude, are you? gl hf

Moriak
Posts: 7

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#82 » Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:54 pm

Twisted6 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:45 pm
Skyw wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:14 pm
Rocksmash wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:01 pm

correct, it seems everyone has this issue, im sure we will hear something from the dev team soon about whats causing this, it could be another prolonged DDos attack, im not quite sure but im sure we will get an answer either today or tomorrow. which I know that isnt an Ideal time frame, but we gotta remember this is actually a small dev team thats trying to stay anonymous, so sometimes they have to keep some things a secret to protect themselves!
WOW, I just got in!

And yes i totally understand whats going on, also this is a FREE server, people have really no right to be pissed off at devs and server runners here.
Ask them how much they make selling the premium currency. It's not a FREE server, they make bank. The devs have had almost a month to sort this out. Every week the population declines.
If you can play without paying, then it is free by definition. Whatever they get in donations is irrelevant.

User avatar
Rocksmash
Posts: 46

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#83 » Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:05 pm

Twisted6 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:45 pm
Skyw wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:14 pm
Rocksmash wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:01 pm

correct, it seems everyone has this issue, im sure we will hear something from the dev team soon about whats causing this, it could be another prolonged DDos attack, im not quite sure but im sure we will get an answer either today or tomorrow. which I know that isnt an Ideal time frame, but we gotta remember this is actually a small dev team thats trying to stay anonymous, so sometimes they have to keep some things a secret to protect themselves!
WOW, I just got in!

And yes i totally understand whats going on, also this is a FREE server, people have really no right to be pissed off at devs and server runners here.
Ask them how much they make selling the premium currency. It's not a FREE server, they make bank. The devs have had almost a month to sort this out. Every week the population declines.
im not sure if youre correct, I kinda no-life this server as I basically log in atleast 3-4 hours everyday, and in my timezone, USA, around 5-9pm theres 2-3k players on the PVE realm on most days of the week. especially this last week because there was almost no ddos for a whole week.
And sure maybe SOME people donate, but thats like 2% of the playerbase or less, considering they only accept crypto, many people are put off by donations and simply dont donate.

Most of the players I met are free to play, simply because this server isnt guaranteed to stay up, even though they remain anonymous, it only takes 1 slip up to put the whole server is jeopardy, but they have been doing a great job so far!
and as far as you say "they make bank", The donations probably dont even cover their wages for working on this project let alone all the money spent on hardware, server upkeep, paying x amount of third party services.
I appreciate your imagination, but theres no real proof that the devs quote, "make bank".
I seriously want dwarves to get plainsrunning

Twisted6
Posts: 36

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#84 » Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:09 pm

Rocksmash wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:05 pm
Twisted6 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:45 pm
Skyw wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:14 pm

WOW, I just got in!

And yes i totally understand whats going on, also this is a FREE server, people have really no right to be pissed off at devs and server runners here.
Ask them how much they make selling the premium currency. It's not a FREE server, they make bank. The devs have had almost a month to sort this out. Every week the population declines.
im not sure if youre correct, I kinda no-life this server as I basically log in atleast 3-4 hours everyday, and in my timezone, USA, around 5-9pm theres 2-3k players on the PVE realm on most days of the week. especially this last week because there was almost no ddos for a whole week.
And sure maybe SOME people donate, but thats like 2% of the playerbase or less, considering they only accept crypto, many people are put off by donations and simply dont donate.

Most of the players I met are free to play, simply because this server isnt guaranteed to stay up, even though they remain anonymous, it only takes 1 slip up to put the whole server is jeopardy, but they have been doing a great job so far!
and as far as you say "they make bank", The donations probably dont even cover their wages for working on this project let alone all the money spent on hardware, server upkeep, paying x amount of third party services.
I appreciate your imagination, but theres no real proof that the devs quote, "make bank".
No proof but out of thousands of players just a small percent of those buying stuff adds up to a lot of money. And peak population a few weeks ago was over 4k. Now it's around 2.5k. Also what do you mean there's been almost no DDoS over the last week? 380 outages in the last 7 days. I've lost multiple dungeon groups to disconnects after hours in queue.
Last edited by Twisted6 on Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dinyshy
Posts: 7

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#85 » Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:09 pm

Rocksmash wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:05 pm
Twisted6 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:45 pm
Skyw wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:14 pm

WOW, I just got in!

And yes i totally understand whats going on, also this is a FREE server, people have really no right to be pissed off at devs and server runners here.
Ask them how much they make selling the premium currency. It's not a FREE server, they make bank. The devs have had almost a month to sort this out. Every week the population declines.
im not sure if youre correct, I kinda no-life this server as I basically log in atleast 3-4 hours everyday, and in my timezone, USA, around 5-9pm theres 2-3k players on the PVE realm on most days of the week. especially this last week because there was almost no ddos for a whole week.
And sure maybe SOME people donate, but thats like 2% of the playerbase or less, considering they only accept crypto, many people are put off by donations and simply dont donate.

Most of the players I met are free to play, simply because this server isnt guaranteed to stay up, even though they remain anonymous, it only takes 1 slip up to put the whole server is jeopardy, but they have been doing a great job so far!
and as far as you say "they make bank", The donations probably dont even cover their wages for working on this project let alone all the money spent on hardware, server upkeep, paying x amount of third party services.
I appreciate your imagination, but theres no real proof that the devs quote, "make bank".
Even if they are making money, what's wrong with that? No, even better: Let them actually make money! Nothing in this world is done for free. I'm curious—do the authors of these comments, who scold the developers for "making a lot of money," work for free themselves? Personally, I donated about $100 at the start and will gladly donate more once I level up. All these donations are purely voluntary; no one forces you to pay, the game is free. But, I repeat, I hope the developers really do earn enough money to support the project for as long as possible, so that I can come back after work and happily spend 2–3 hours playing, taking a break from the daily routine.

Twisted6
Posts: 36

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#86 » Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:14 pm

Dinyshy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:09 pm
Rocksmash wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:05 pm
Twisted6 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 5:45 pm

Ask them how much they make selling the premium currency. It's not a FREE server, they make bank. The devs have had almost a month to sort this out. Every week the population declines.
im not sure if youre correct, I kinda no-life this server as I basically log in atleast 3-4 hours everyday, and in my timezone, USA, around 5-9pm theres 2-3k players on the PVE realm on most days of the week. especially this last week because there was almost no ddos for a whole week.
And sure maybe SOME people donate, but thats like 2% of the playerbase or less, considering they only accept crypto, many people are put off by donations and simply dont donate.

Most of the players I met are free to play, simply because this server isnt guaranteed to stay up, even though they remain anonymous, it only takes 1 slip up to put the whole server is jeopardy, but they have been doing a great job so far!
and as far as you say "they make bank", The donations probably dont even cover their wages for working on this project let alone all the money spent on hardware, server upkeep, paying x amount of third party services.
I appreciate your imagination, but theres no real proof that the devs quote, "make bank".
Even if they are making money, what's wrong with that? No, even better: Let them actually make money! Nothing in this world is done for free. I'm curious—do the authors of these comments, who scold the developers for "making a lot of money," work for free themselves? Personally, I donated about $100 at the start and will gladly donate more once I level up. All these donations are purely voluntary; no one forces you to pay, the game is free. But, I repeat, I hope the developers really do earn enough money to support the project for as long as possible, so that I can come back after work and happily spend 2–3 hours playing, taking a break from the daily routine.
I have no problem with the devs making money (as long as it's not through predatory means). But it pisses me off when people say we're not allowed to complain because something is technically free. We still invested our time, effort, and for some real money into this server.

User avatar
Dinyshy
Posts: 7

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#87 » Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:19 pm

Twisted6 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:14 pm
Dinyshy wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:09 pm
Rocksmash wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:05 pm

im not sure if youre correct, I kinda no-life this server as I basically log in atleast 3-4 hours everyday, and in my timezone, USA, around 5-9pm theres 2-3k players on the PVE realm on most days of the week. especially this last week because there was almost no ddos for a whole week.
And sure maybe SOME people donate, but thats like 2% of the playerbase or less, considering they only accept crypto, many people are put off by donations and simply dont donate.

Most of the players I met are free to play, simply because this server isnt guaranteed to stay up, even though they remain anonymous, it only takes 1 slip up to put the whole server is jeopardy, but they have been doing a great job so far!
and as far as you say "they make bank", The donations probably dont even cover their wages for working on this project let alone all the money spent on hardware, server upkeep, paying x amount of third party services.
I appreciate your imagination, but theres no real proof that the devs quote, "make bank".
Even if they are making money, what's wrong with that? No, even better: Let them actually make money! Nothing in this world is done for free. I'm curious—do the authors of these comments, who scold the developers for "making a lot of money," work for free themselves? Personally, I donated about $100 at the start and will gladly donate more once I level up. All these donations are purely voluntary; no one forces you to pay, the game is free. But, I repeat, I hope the developers really do earn enough money to support the project for as long as possible, so that I can come back after work and happily spend 2–3 hours playing, taking a break from the daily routine.
I have no problem with the devs making money (as long as it's not through predatory means). But it pisses me off when people say we're not allowed to complain because something is technically free. We still invested our time, effort, and for some real money into this server.
I understand! Complaining, like expressing other emotions, is certainly allowed. It's only natural when you're hoping to just play, but you can't even log in. Hardly any player is happy about that. The frustration here is specifically about "the developers had a month to solve the problem with the DDoS attacks, and they did nothing." But the developers really are trying, trying to make things better. And it really is working. Yes, it's not perfect yet, but there is progress. And I'm sure that in the end everything will be as stable as possible. Your frustration is more than understandable and justified, but the developers can be understood too—they haven't been sitting idle all month. Moreover, it's likely that resources that could have gone into new content are now being spent on protection. So accusing them of inaction is wrong.

User avatar
Defiant
Posts: 272

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#88 » Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:33 pm

Spillmind wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 8:34 pm
You're a petulant child and attempting to put words in my mouth.

There is a real problem with these economies with the state of the server as is.
I'm attempting to have you put forth an actual argument and substantiate it. You don't seem to understand how to use the Auction House whatsoever, and that'll be a problem on any server. You don't just toss random items in and go off of the default listing price which is just 50% more than the vendor price. There are many items that have no value or use *on any server*. Some items don't have a 50% markup. You need to actually check what other people are selling items for. That's Auction House 101. Just because you skip a step or put up items that no one needs on any server doesn't mean there isn't an economy. I would recommend using an addon like Aux that will help you with the process of pricing stuff.

That's why I asked you for specifics, because again, I'm listing numerous stuff on the AH daily and the economy is quite active.

But yeah mate when you pretend to have an argument then act like a douchebag people are going to come off as "petulant" when they call you out. That's on you, not me.

So again, specifically, what items are you talking about? Should I start listing off all the stuff I sell on a daily basis? Like lets get to the bottom of this right? Because we both have apparently very different experiences doing the same thing. So clearly one of us is doing it wrong. That's just me using logic, not being petulant. If you're allergic to logic then I'm sure it sounds petulant.

What you're reading as "petulant" is me being sick and fucking tired of room temperature IQ having retards making shit up on the Internet then acting indignant when called out. It's a fucking epidemic these days and I'm absolutely tired of tolerating it and coddling you pricks. You have no argument. You have no examples. You're just making shit up.
Last edited by Defiant on Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Insomnia> is recruiting. [NA] [N'zoth]

Community oriented Raiding Guild.

We plan to start hosting weeknight raids starting at 9pm EST with Wednesday/Thursday as our main raid days.

https://discord.gg/fEmGDxtphP

User avatar
Defiant
Posts: 272

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#89 » Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:38 pm

Beckett wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 3:19 am
Defiant wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 7:24 pm and the economy will only get stronger as more content is released--
Ooh... about that.... :roll: :lol:
What about it buddy. Use your words. Communicate like a fucking human being.
<Insomnia> is recruiting. [NA] [N'zoth]

Community oriented Raiding Guild.

We plan to start hosting weeknight raids starting at 9pm EST with Wednesday/Thursday as our main raid days.

https://discord.gg/fEmGDxtphP

Tyranny
Posts: 10

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#90 » Fri Sep 25, 2026 7:05 pm

Defiant wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:33 pm
Spillmind wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 8:34 pm
You're a petulant child and attempting to put words in my mouth.

There is a real problem with these economies with the state of the server as is.
I'm attempting to have you put forth an actual argument and substantiate it. You don't seem to understand how to use the Auction House whatsoever, and that'll be a problem on any server. You don't just toss random items in and go off of the default listing price which is just 50% more than the vendor price. There are many items that have no value or use *on any server*. Some items don't have a 50% markup. You need to actually check what other people are selling items for. That's Auction House 101. Just because you skip a step or put up items that no one needs on any server doesn't mean there isn't an economy. I would recommend using an addon like Aux that will help you with the process of pricing stuff.

That's why I asked you for specifics, because again, I'm listing numerous stuff on the AH daily and the economy is quite active.

But yeah mate when you pretend to have an argument then act like a douchebag people are going to come off as "petulant" when they call you out. That's on you, not me.

So again, specifically, what items are you talking about? Should I start listing off all the stuff I sell on a daily basis? Like lets get to the bottom of this right? Because we both have apparently very different experiences doing the same thing. So clearly one of us is doing it wrong. That's just me using logic, not being petulant. If you're allergic to logic then I'm sure it sounds petulant.

What you're reading as "petulant" is me being sick and fucking tired of room temperature IQ having retards making shit up on the Internet then acting indignant when called out. It's a fucking epidemic these days and I'm absolutely tired of tolerating it and coddling you pricks. You have no argument. You have no examples. You're just making shit up.
Prices are certainly quite low on some stuff, but AH is active yes. Idk why anyone would list stuff at "minimum" or w/e the AH thing puts in stuff for though lmao. That sounds really braindead.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest