Page 1 of 1

Add optional Warmode to Battlemasters

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 2:39 pm
by Rallo
There is currently a bug(it may only affect players who installed Octo over an existing Turtle install, unsure) that makes it so Warmode is hidden from the list of Challenge modes on character creation.(apparently you have to remove patch-5.mpq from your install directory to fix, havent confirmed myself) I personally assumed that Octo was just using the same system as TWoW where you opt-in to Warmode at the battlemasters in main cities. By the time I realized my mistake I was already nearly lvl 20.

It'd be cool to have a way to opt-in to Warmode, even if you dont get any benefits from it, just a way to be flagged without having to CONSTANTLY turn PvP back on (it's always fucking turning itself off and gets annoying), plus it's better to just not be tempted to unflag for convenience and remove that temptation entirely.

Re: Add optional Warmode to Battlemasters

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 7:57 pm
by Defiant
Rallo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 2:39 pm There is currently a bug(it may only affect players who installed Octo over an existing Turtle install, unsure) that makes it so Warmode is hidden from the list of Challenge modes on character creation.(apparently you have to remove patch-5.mpq from your install directory to fix, havent confirmed myself) I personally assumed that Octo was just using the same system as TWoW where you opt-in to Warmode at the battlemasters in main cities. By the time I realized my mistake I was already nearly lvl 20.

It'd be cool to have a way to opt-in to Warmode, even if you dont get any benefits from it, just a way to be flagged without having to CONSTANTLY turn PvP back on (it's always fucking turning itself off and gets annoying), plus it's better to just not be tempted to unflag for convenience and remove that temptation entirely.
It only turns itself off if you get flagged by interacting with flagged NPCs. Like if you run into an enemy town you get automatically flagged, and it'll drop off after five minutes. If you type /pvp you should stay flagged. That's been my personal experience anyway.

I don't think it's feasible to have it work like how you're suggesting because of how the reward structure works for it now.