DDoS Updates

Patch notes, server status, and major news.
User avatar
Kestrel
Posts: 725

DDoS Updates

Post#1 » Thu Sep 24, 2026 7:06 am

We were hit pretty bad today with 3 big drops. We don't have any updates from Flokinet, as we are still waiting for as new DDoS scrubbing profile to be tuned and applied.

Some third party providers notified us that they have finished some requested upgrades to their systems and we hope these are able to provide some more short term relief once integrated and turned on.

Nobody is more excited to get past these DDoSes than our dev team right now, thank you for your persistence.
Sincerely,
Kestrel
Your Temporary Part Time Community Manager - Full Time Developer

Reynardodo
Posts: 16

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#2 » Thu Sep 24, 2026 7:59 am

We love and support you. I hope all these issues are resolved soon.

We would love to see some new custom content from the Octowow team. I am genuinely curious about your talent and imagination in this area. I hope these issues are sorted out as soon as possible and that we can get some information regarding new custom content.

User avatar
Dinyshy
Posts: 7

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#3 » Thu Sep 24, 2026 8:10 am

Thanks for keeping us updated on the news, it's very important! Even though all these difficulties continue, it has still gotten significantly better. I'm sure that in the end everything will be like before, when you could play calmly without disconnects :)

Adesta113
Posts: 82

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#4 » Thu Sep 24, 2026 8:19 am

<3

User avatar
Zokk
Posts: 15

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#5 » Thu Sep 24, 2026 8:49 am

Thank you for the update - things are looking so much better than a few weeks ago.

Momohomo
Posts: 27

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#6 » Thu Sep 24, 2026 9:06 am

I can report that it got very much better on my end indeed, compared to the last two weeks. Often enough I can log in right away, but sometimes I have to enable proton VPN and hope the free option gives me netherlands which has worked best, canada and usa also work but obviously come with increased latency.

Sometimes the VPN does not work too, then I simply restart my PC and mobile, which I use tethered for my internet connection and sofar this lets me login again everytime, without having to resort to a VPN for the session im playing. My unvpn'd connection latency also dropped from the average 75ms I had before to low as 30ms.

I wish I could donate easily but dealing with bitcoin is such a hazzle, either I have to give a crypto site like kraken my ID and everything, or I have to buy gas station vouchers, redeem on a sketchy third party site and pay minimum a 10% fee ontop to send octo them bitcoins. Am too old and too boomer for this lol

User avatar
Fatsea
Posts: 5

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#7 » Thu Sep 24, 2026 9:47 am

Momohomo wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 9:06 am I can report that it got very much better on my end indeed, compared to the last two weeks. Often enough I can log in right away, but sometimes I have to enable proton VPN and hope the free option gives me netherlands which has worked best, canada and usa also work but obviously come with increased latency.

Sometimes the VPN does not work too, then I simply restart my PC and mobile, which I use tethered for my internet connection and sofar this lets me login again everytime, without having to resort to a VPN for the session im playing. My unvpn'd connection latency also dropped from the average 75ms I had before to low as 30ms.

I wish I could donate easily but dealing with bitcoin is such a hazzle, either I have to give a crypto site like kraken my ID and everything, or I have to buy gas station vouchers, redeem on a sketchy third party site and pay minimum a 10% fee ontop to send octo them bitcoins. Am too old and too boomer for this lol
Bro, you hit the nail on the head. The complicated donation process is what keeps 60% of people wanting to donate but not knowing how to do it. Plus the latency issue - my ping has always been between 200-300, but before the update it could stay stable at 200. Obviously now it's gone up. I hope OctoWOW management can fix the latency and make the donation process easier!

User avatar
Dehan
Posts: 3

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#8 » Thu Sep 24, 2026 10:05 am

God bless!

And thank you very much for working this out :-)

Dannyp921
Posts: 8

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#9 » Thu Sep 24, 2026 10:30 am

Hang in there! This too shall pass

Theknopex
Posts: 1

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#10 » Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:07 am

Fatsea wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 9:47 am
Momohomo wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 9:06 am I can report that it got very much better on my end indeed, compared to the last two weeks. Often enough I can log in right away, but sometimes I have to enable proton VPN and hope the free option gives me netherlands which has worked best, canada and usa also work but obviously come with increased latency.

Sometimes the VPN does not work too, then I simply restart my PC and mobile, which I use tethered for my internet connection and sofar this lets me login again everytime, without having to resort to a VPN for the session im playing. My unvpn'd connection latency also dropped from the average 75ms I had before to low as 30ms.

I wish I could donate easily but dealing with bitcoin is such a hazzle, either I have to give a crypto site like kraken my ID and everything, or I have to buy gas station vouchers, redeem on a sketchy third party site and pay minimum a 10% fee ontop to send octo them bitcoins. Am too old and too boomer for this lol
Bro, you hit the nail on the head. The complicated donation process is what keeps 60% of people wanting to donate but not knowing how to do it. Plus the latency issue - my ping has always been between 200-300, but before the update it could stay stable at 200. Obviously now it's gone up. I hope OctoWOW management can fix the latency and make the donation process easier!
Donating cannot be made easier any time soon, keeping anonimity makes their options very limited.
Latency is what is, it depends on where the hosting is, not something they can 'fiddle around' with.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest