2026-09-29

Patch-by-patch list of gameplay changes.
User avatar
Baurox
Posts: 8

Re: 2026-09-29

Post#31 » Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:38 pm

I just thinked vewy hawd and i know what is teh soltion guys
Listen:
Make a new authentic BG and build some lore around it that explains why that BG specifically has cross faction groups.
Then we can have cross realm BG's without sacrificing immersion in the traditional horde vs alliance battlegrounds, whilst also have a separate BG where the immersion won't be broken because the BG has it's own lore. For example something like organized bloodsports. Throw in costume rewards for exalted rep with new factions of each monster race that participate in the bloodsports. Top pvpers can get murloc, naga, ogre, kobold etc custome by turning in tokens with the monster race faction they pick. I think all this could end up being pretty quality and draw in a bunch of new players too by offering some cool and unique stuff we all would love.
And if you add arena's or make a new arena/bg blend with multiple groups fighting for victory that's another place you can allow cross faction grouping because it wouldn't break immersion.
Peace bro's
:mrgreen:
(͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)

User avatar
Defiant
Posts: 285

Re: 2026-09-29

Post#32 » Tue Sep 29, 2026 7:25 pm

Shilo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 10:09 am Doesn't this rule out the possibility of creating cross-realm battlegrounds in the future?
I can't speak for anyone but the reality is the PVP server isn't doing too hot, the "community" there is apparently against cross realm BGs due to being against cross faction BGs, but ultimately it will be forced on them as the population continues to dwindle. A small outspoken subset of their players really shouldn't be making these decisions that severely impact the entire server and that's how it feels to me. I have a really hard time believing the entire PVP server community is united against having BG queues not be absolute garbage.
Shilo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 10:09 am What about maintaining a cross-faction queue and a cross-realm queue with a ban on cross-faction play on a PvP server?
So like, cross realm BGs but the BGs that PVP server players could join would be not cross faction? I think that would probably increase the queue times for the PVE server, and I don't really think they'll harm the PVE server to help out the PVP crowd when there's a perfectly fine solution for the PVP crowd that they refuse to accept. I'm on the PVE server and I dislike cross faction BGs, but I accept them because it helps queues. I don't think I should be further punished so that the PVP crowd can have their cake and eat it to so to speak.

They can grow up and accept cross faction PVP or they can sit and wait in their hour long queues imo. And from what I've seen of the PVP "community" on these forums, I doubt growing up is on the table.
Duraluminium wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:39 am The PVP server is dying. Most players only login for PVE raids, bgs are not popping (there are times when daily BG is AB or WSG and there are 0 bgs going in the evening for more than an hour). Horde stopped defending Orgri even vs small 20-man raids..
The server needs changes asap
The solution is here buddy, you guys refuse to take it.
<Insomnia> is recruiting. [NA] [N'zoth]

Community oriented Raiding Guild.

We plan to start hosting weeknight raids starting at 9pm EST with Wednesday/Thursday as our main raid days.

https://discord.gg/fEmGDxtphP

Adesta113
Posts: 84

Re: 2026-09-29

Post#33 » Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:50 pm

Vjcrdf11434 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 12:23 pm They just need to enable character transfers from PvE to PvP servers......
But only for those who choose warmode at PvE, since it's still challenge.

User avatar
Duraluminium
Posts: 181

Re: 2026-09-29

Post#34 » Wed Sep 30, 2026 8:01 am

Defiant wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 7:25 pm
Duraluminium wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:39 am The PVP server is dying. Most players only login for PVE raids, bgs are not popping (there are times when daily BG is AB or WSG and there are 0 bgs going in the evening for more than an hour). Horde stopped defending Orgri even vs small 20-man raids..
The server needs changes asap
The solution is here buddy, you guys refuse to take it.
The solution is never simple. What PVP community was asking to do:
1. to make xp rate at least x2, so PVP players would be able to start playing actual PVP faster
2. allow transfers from PVE server as they promised earlier, so ppl started leveling mains on the PVE server cause it was opened earlier than the PVP server
3. start fixing the most outrageous classes imbalance in PVP, like tank shamans with shocks
4. open unranked skirmish arena asap, just like it was in 1.17
5. make some server-wide WPVP RP events
6. restrict making characters of different factions on one account, so the ban on multiboxing would make sense for the PVP factions balance

And I think there were more options on the table that I don't remember right now..

Instead almost nothing was done, and here we are in the situation when the server is almost dead. And here you come with that 'solution' that nobody wants, but probably there will just be no other choice soon.
There would be no choice, but in fact there will be one in November. If no REAL measures taken, the server population will die out that day.

User avatar
Defiant
Posts: 285

Re: 2026-09-29

Post#35 » Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:05 pm

Duraluminium wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 8:01 am
Defiant wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 7:25 pm The solution is here buddy, you guys refuse to take it.
The solution is never simple. What PVP community was asking to do:
1. to make xp rate at least x2, so PVP players would be able to start playing actual PVP faster
It's a bad idea tbh. You can level like the rest of us. If you speed up leveling, the BGs in the leveling brackets will also be dead, which is a bad look for a PVP server, we can agree on that much at least right? You also essentially already have 2x rates anyways with constant rested XP.

If you want to go to a boosted rates PVP server, go to a boosted rates PVP server. There's nothing else to say on this topic that hasn't been repeated ad nauseam for the past couple months though and I'm trying not to be a dick about it but yeah.
Duraluminium wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 8:01 am 2. allow transfers from PVE server as they promised earlier, so ppl started leveling mains on the PVE server cause it was opened earlier than the PVP server
I'm not against this but I don't think you're going to see many people transfer over. I'll be real with you, and you can dismiss this as much as you want-- the PVP community on Octo has a pretty bad reputation. I'm all for them opening up those transfers. Like you said I believe they did say they were going to do it-- I'd imagine that it was one of several things delayed due to the DDOS chaos.
Duraluminium wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 8:01 am 3. start fixing the most outrageous classes imbalance in PVP, like tank shamans with shocks
They've already addressed this. You're clearly a Alliance player and this argument is honestly just childish. Aren't Alliance doing quite well in BGs nowadays anyways? I haven't actually heard the Shaman complaints much lately. But yeah as you're aware they've already said they're not doing any large class balance changes until more raid tiers and PVP gear are released. Itemization plays a huge factor in balance afterall. As with pretty much every variety of WoW PVP that has ever existed, it's never perfectly 100% balanced, and each raid tier / PVP tier has different "winners and losers" in PVP. I'm not going to argue that Shamans aren't strong, but they're not broken to the point that the devs need to step in and make balance changes.

Duraluminium wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 8:01 am 4. open unranked skirmish arena asap, just like it was in 1.17
I really don't see that making a difference with your population or general issues.
Duraluminium wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 8:01 am 5. make some server-wide WPVP RP events
I know I've heard them discuss this in the past, but this last month has been extremely chaotic for them right? Also, like, that's 100% something that the PVP community themselves could organize. I'm just saying, Blizzard doesn't do that sort of stuff, but the playerbase on Blizzard servers organize events regardless.
Duraluminium wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2026 8:01 am 6. restrict making characters of different factions on one account, so the ban on multiboxing would make sense for the PVP factions balance
I mean, if the characters are on the same account that's not really relevant to multiboxing. The ban you're talking about as far as I'm aware had nothing to do with faction balance? Maybe I'm wrong, I didn't look too deep into it. That said in general I would support your suggestion. If you're on a PVP server I think you should be faction locked, for sure, and I support them implementing that multibox rule.

Anyways most of those suggestions I disagree with, and even the ones that I agree with-- they're not going to fundamentally change things. You guys need to solve the queue issue, that is a primary issue that impacts every single player on the PVP server. There is a solution to it, but you guys refuse to accept it. So I have a hard time feeling bad for y'all. And to be clear, I'm not a huge fan of cross faction BGs. I'm really not. But it solves a serious problem so I understand why it's necessary.
<Insomnia> is recruiting. [NA] [N'zoth]

Community oriented Raiding Guild.

We plan to start hosting weeknight raids starting at 9pm EST with Wednesday/Thursday as our main raid days.

https://discord.gg/fEmGDxtphP

User avatar
Zokk
Posts: 16

Re: 2026-09-29

Post#36 » Thu Oct 01, 2026 12:16 pm

"• Fixed issue where warlocks pets would not re-summon when they die before the warlock in a battleground"

Literally first BG and first death, spawned at GY with no pet.

This has not been fixed.

Saturday
Posts: 2

Re: 2026-09-29

Post#37 » Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:16 pm

Hello,

War mode now stays on when you hit level 60 (until dissabled), the 20% honor gain is replaced with a 20% boost to BG reputation gain once you reach level 60

Several issues :
- Once 60, if you lost your war mode, you need a way to reactivate it. To benefit from the patch.
- Some GM said they cannot activate it, while some other managed.
- Once activated (with Warmode visible in spellbook), rep remains unchanged.

Fat

Saturday
Posts: 2

Re: 2026-09-29

Post#38 » Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:24 pm

Obsideus wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 12:43 pm
V0rt1ces wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 12:22 pm
Making PVP work has never been easy for any mmo franchise, but we can find a better way
DAoC didn't have this problem - just turns out more people enjoy PvE.
Long term daoc player here. Yes they did. Pvp was highly frustrating with hours are pk to build the meta 8 man to then wipe and redo it again. Even pserver struggle to keep population past novelty. And I played on and off Phoenix, Eden, etc.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest