DDoS Updates

Patch notes, server status, and major news.
Kotae
Posts: 5

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#131 » Thu Oct 01, 2026 10:36 am

Sqweellex wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:38 am Ahead in what regard? There are only 150–200 concurrent players during peak hours.
Ahead in terms of DDoS attack/defense, ravenshite seems to adapt faster than octo-team reacts to them.

Metblch
Posts: 1

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#132 » Thu Oct 01, 2026 11:27 am

Sqweellex wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:38 am
Kotae wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 7:31 am Well, Netherlands gateway VPN workaround had stopped working for me.
Hey octo-team, any news or updates? Ravencucks are still ahead of you effectively blocking both NA and EU primetime slots :(
Ahead in what regard? There are only 150–200 concurrent players during peak hours.
It depends on the server, I think. On the HC server, 550+ people are playing in prime.

User avatar
Palladinpala
Posts: 9

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#133 » Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:06 pm

My wife can play took over 20min to join. I can't play always been "connecting" then disconnected from server for over 20+ min. Maybe some limitation for 2x pc's connected from the same IP?
BR Hardcore Palladinpala

Twisted6
Posts: 36

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#134 » Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:17 pm

Palladinpala wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:06 pm My wife can play took over 20min to join. I can't play always been "connecting" then disconnected from server for over 20+ min. Maybe some limitation for 2x pc's connected from the same IP?
There's only me here and 99 times out of a hundred it won't let me connect. It will just very rarely let you through.

There's been no new update for a week now despite the server being unplayable for half of the player base. I wonder if the devs have given up.

Hataph
Posts: 30

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#135 » Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:33 pm

As of now I believe the server is being DDOSed so many will have issue connecting to the server.

https://octowow-status.shunrai.workers.dev/

Luchito123
Posts: 1

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#136 » Thu Oct 01, 2026 7:51 pm

I think it's been 10 days since the hardware change. I have no problem playing all day; before, I was constantly getting disconnected. Currently, there are 2850-3000 people online in EU time and 1250-1450 in NA time. The record was 4000 in EU time about a month ago, I think.

Personally, I'm using Exit Lag in automatic mode to Europe, and it always connects me to Amsterdam.

In my guild, most people say it's much better. Sometimes it takes a few tries to connect, but once you're in, it doesn't kick you out like before when DDoS attacks wouldn't let you play for 10 minutes straight.

I don't think the devs have "given up," but they have seen that there's now some stability for most players and have started fixing other bugs.

Boneheap
Posts: 1

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#137 » Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:41 pm

I'm getting constant disconnects the last couple of days, can you please fix it? I can't whitelist the ip address associated with my account because it's not giving me the option anymore. The last couple of days I've experienced severe latency, constant disconnects from every ~10 minutes to instantly after entering the gameworld. This afternoon I could not log in at all and at the moment of writing I'm back to getting constants disconnects again and now not being able to enter the game server at all anymore.

Moran6
Posts: 3

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#138 » Fri Oct 02, 2026 3:59 am

Yesterday morning I was still running Deadmines, in the afternoon I got stuck on “Authenticating” and then disconnected, and I haven't been able to log in since. I tried to figure out what caused it: around noon I left for a while without logging out. When I came back, I had been auto-logged out, and after that I couldn't log in anymore, nothing I can do about this. Did I miss some important announcement?

User avatar
Palladinpala
Posts: 9

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#139 » Fri Oct 02, 2026 4:51 am

today just now I can suddenly login again. I guess I'm white listed now. Let's hope my wife can login now or I'm in deep trouble. :mrgreen:
BR Hardcore Palladinpala

Lootit
Posts: 6

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#140 » Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:16 am

Any update on a fix for the whole dc not able to connect for hours im tired switching vpn ip's 1000x till i get in :(

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jovian and 1 guest