DDoS Updates

Patch notes, server status, and major news.
Theoriginal
Posts: 1

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#141 » Fri Oct 02, 2026 4:59 pm

Lootit wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:16 am Any update on a fix for the whole dc not able to connect for hours im tired switching vpn ip's 1000x till i get in :(
So don't, use the method you continue to have success with and stick to it. You'll eventually get whitelisted or get in past the hate traffic.

User avatar
Palladinpala
Posts: 9

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#142 » Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:04 pm

cant play, either takes very long time and I get in or DC change VPN can login, but when logged in it super laggy, like the world is frozen only my char that runs normal. When I observe my char from another PC in the same network MY char just stands still.
BR Hardcore Palladinpala

User avatar
Defiant
Posts: 280

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#143 » Fri Oct 02, 2026 10:57 pm

Twisted6 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:17 pm
Palladinpala wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:06 pm My wife can play took over 20min to join. I can't play always been "connecting" then disconnected from server for over 20+ min. Maybe some limitation for 2x pc's connected from the same IP?
There's only me here and 99 times out of a hundred it won't let me connect. It will just very rarely let you through.

There's been no new update for a week now despite the server being unplayable for half of the player base. I wonder if the devs have given up.
I mean from my perspective it seems like about 95% of the playerbase is able to connect ok at this point. I'm not trying to downplay the situation you guys are experiencing, it sounds very frustrating, but I also don't think it's fair to say that half the player base are experiencing it. I haven't had any issues now for about a week. I haven't heard any issues from my guild.

I'm also not using a VPN or on the Whitelist. You can check that through your account management page on the website. ( Not so much directed at you Twisted but I've seen a few people complain about the Whitelist. )

And to Palladinpala two of my guildies live together, they're not having any issues with their connections so I don't think it's related to two people on the same IP.
<Insomnia> is recruiting. [NA] [N'zoth]

Community oriented Raiding Guild.

We plan to start hosting weeknight raids starting at 9pm EST with Wednesday/Thursday as our main raid days.

https://discord.gg/fEmGDxtphP

Hataph
Posts: 30

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#144 » Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:42 am

For my experience, unless the server is being DDOSed, I will be able to connect without issue.
First two try usually will get disconnected and 3rd try will get connected. With that I believe the DDOS protection is working and auto whitelist your IP at the backend if your IP is consider safe.
BTW, I am from SEA.

Tae02
Posts: 1

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#145 » Sat Oct 03, 2026 6:37 am

**Severe latency and launcher delays — Philippines / Globe Telecom**

I'm connecting from the Philippines using Globe Telecom, normally without a VPN.

Since approximately October 2, I've been experiencing:

- Normal in-game latency: approximately 300 ms
- Current in-game latency: 3,000–12,000 ms
- Launcher verification taking 30+ seconds instead of 2–3 seconds, sometimes failing

I've performed network diagnostics:

- Local router: 0% packet loss
- Google DNS: 0% packet loss, 23 ms average
- Cloudflare: 16–20% ping packet loss
- Game connection: 60/60 successful TCP connections, averaging 261 ms, with occasional delays exceeding one second

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems, particularly players in Southeast Asia or those using Globe Telecom?

I'm trying to determine whether this is an ISP routing issue or something affecting OctoWoW's infrastructure.

User avatar
Sqweellex
Posts: 31

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#146 » Sat Oct 03, 2026 6:55 am

Tae02 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2026 6:37 am **Severe latency and launcher delays — Philippines / Globe Telecom**

I'm connecting from the Philippines using Globe Telecom, normally without a VPN.

Since approximately October 2, I've been experiencing:

- Normal in-game latency: approximately 300 ms
- Current in-game latency: 3,000–12,000 ms
- Launcher verification taking 30+ seconds instead of 2–3 seconds, sometimes failing

I've performed network diagnostics:

- Local router: 0% packet loss
- Google DNS: 0% packet loss, 23 ms average
- Cloudflare: 16–20% ping packet loss
- Game connection: 60/60 successful TCP connections, averaging 261 ms, with occasional delays exceeding one second

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems, particularly players in Southeast Asia or those using Globe Telecom?

I'm trying to determine whether this is an ISP routing issue or something affecting OctoWoW's infrastructure.
The server has been under DDoS attack for a full day—or rather, it’s been under attack for over a month now—and all we’re being promised is that the issue will be resolved at some point, with no clear timeline.

User avatar
Palladinpala
Posts: 9

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#147 » Sat Oct 03, 2026 7:11 am

cant login now with or without vpn. In account page we are not whitelisted , I assume the limit is reached and we can't play this weekend. Unlucky. Octowow please save us.
BR Hardcore Palladinpala

User avatar
Paulelstak
Posts: 3

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#148 » Sat Oct 03, 2026 8:26 am

hour wasted trying to log on to no avail

User avatar
Palladinpala
Posts: 9

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#149 » Sat Oct 03, 2026 8:28 am

suddenly can login without vpn but took like 30-50+ tries, connect / disconnect attempts suddenly I just came in. Playing from sweden if that matters.
BR Hardcore Palladinpala

Twisted6
Posts: 36

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#150 » Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:05 pm

Defiant wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 10:57 pm
Twisted6 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:17 pm
Palladinpala wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:06 pm My wife can play took over 20min to join. I can't play always been "connecting" then disconnected from server for over 20+ min. Maybe some limitation for 2x pc's connected from the same IP?
There's only me here and 99 times out of a hundred it won't let me connect. It will just very rarely let you through.

There's been no new update for a week now despite the server being unplayable for half of the player base. I wonder if the devs have given up.
I mean from my perspective it seems like about 95% of the playerbase is able to connect ok at this point. I'm not trying to downplay the situation you guys are experiencing, it sounds very frustrating, but I also don't think it's fair to say that half the player base are experiencing it. I haven't had any issues now for about a week. I haven't heard any issues from my guild.

I'm also not using a VPN or on the Whitelist. You can check that through your account management page on the website. ( Not so much directed at you Twisted but I've seen a few people complain about the Whitelist. )

And to Palladinpala two of my guildies live together, they're not having any issues with their connections so I don't think it's related to two people on the same IP.
My friend's from Sweden and has exactly the same connection problems as me from the UK. And before anyone blames my internet, I have very stable 900mbit fiber with an 8ms ping to Google.

Also this website tracks all the outages and there are many. https://octowow-status.shunrai.workers.dev/

The devs have stopped posting updates and the connection issues haven't changed in the last 2 weeks. I feel like they've just given up.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Lenthas, Puzovoz, Xta1 and 1 guest