Computer wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 11:31 pmTinmann wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 9:27 pmSame issue here on Linux over the weekend... SYN sent, no SYN-ACK ever comes back, it just times out. Not my network, tested 3 different source IPs so ruled out ISP, VPN, and local stuff. I made a few changes and had immediate success. The login is slow though, like it is fighting through the handshake, but it slowly gets through and was in.Theflokithar wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2026 8:15 pm Are you online now? I can not connect.
My public IP is 85.***.221.27. The website says:
"Your current connection is not on the whitelist."
When I try to connect, the client stays on "Connecting...".
From Linux, I also tested the realm connection directly:
play.octowow.st → 92.114.107.111
92.114.107.111:3724 times out, while the TCP connection never receives a SYN-ACK.
Could you please check whether my IP is being blocked by the server firewall/DDoS protection or needs to be whitelisted?
Thank you.
sudo iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -p tcp -d 92.114.107.48 --dport 3724 -j TTL --ttl-set 128
sudo iptables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -p tcp -d 92.114.107.59 --dport 3724 -j TTL --ttl-set 128
sudo sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_timestamps=0
sudo sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling=0
Swap the IPs for whatever yours resolves to if different, I've seen at least 3 in the rotation (.48, .59, .111). Window scaling being off will cap your max throughput on big downloads but doesn't matter for gameplay.... Can revert anytime by flushing the mangle rule and flipping those two sysctls back to 1.
Actual god , this worked for me thank you
Woooow, thanks buddy ... works like a charm!! on Ubuntu .