what do you mean probably? pls actually first learn how the system and prices work before opening up ur yapper. no use having uninformed people yap on here.Nandieb wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2026 5:44 pm To me the 20k cap seems reasonable
If I play around 2-3 hrs per day of only battlegrounds I can just about reach 20k in a week. I think that’s plenty of time investment to be capped
What really needs tweaking are prices for items. The blue pvp set seems too cheap (only 24k overall, so you can have full set in less than 2 weeks or in my case as soon as I hit 60), likewise offpieces (epic rings neck belt) while the epic set pieces are probably too expensive
You need to touch grass ASAPKnifewrench wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2026 2:10 amwhat do you mean probably? pls actually first learn how the system and prices work before opening up ur yapper. no use having uninformed people yap on here.Nandieb wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2026 5:44 pm To me the 20k cap seems reasonable
If I play around 2-3 hrs per day of only battlegrounds I can just about reach 20k in a week. I think that’s plenty of time investment to be capped
What really needs tweaking are prices for items. The blue pvp set seems too cheap (only 24k overall, so you can have full set in less than 2 weeks or in my case as soon as I hit 60), likewise offpieces (epic rings neck belt) while the epic set pieces are probably too expensive
then why dont u know howmuch the epic set in honor costs or the t3 set?Nandieb wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2026 7:09 amYou need to touch grass ASAPKnifewrench wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2026 2:10 amwhat do you mean probably? pls actually first learn how the system and prices work before opening up ur yapper. no use having uninformed people yap on here.Nandieb wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2026 5:44 pm To me the 20k cap seems reasonable
If I play around 2-3 hrs per day of only battlegrounds I can just about reach 20k in a week. I think that’s plenty of time investment to be capped
What really needs tweaking are prices for items. The blue pvp set seems too cheap (only 24k overall, so you can have full set in less than 2 weeks or in my case as soon as I hit 60), likewise offpieces (epic rings neck belt) while the epic set pieces are probably too expensive
I know very well how the current honor system works
You are hallucinatingKnifewrench wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2026 9:07 amthen why dont u know howmuch the epic set in honor costs or the t3 set?Nandieb wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2026 7:09 amYou need to touch grass ASAPKnifewrench wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2026 2:10 am
what do you mean probably? pls actually first learn how the system and prices work before opening up ur yapper. no use having uninformed people yap on here.
I know very well how the current honor system works
Its around 100k for t2 if u got full t1 , and around 600k to up t2 to t3 and also conquest points. 20k weekly gated mean people that join in 6months cant ever catch upNandieb wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2026 1:46 pmYou are hallucinatingKnifewrench wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2026 9:07 amthen why dont u know howmuch the epic set in honor costs or the t3 set?Nandieb wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2026 7:09 am
You need to touch grass ASAP
I know very well how the current honor system works
I dont think pvpers care that much seeing they are pvping for it, what we want is 2x exp so we can use that time to pvp. Unlike pve'ers we mostly play for the fun not for our gear so we can parse. Yall saying we want free stuff, but guess what its the pvers who want their pvp gear free, wich makes a 20k cap stupid for people joining later, they cant catch up like in pve. On TA i had + healing greens enterd aq40 preformd good and got my free pve loot while skipping all phases before aq40. And that without inflated pve server stats, pve is just a joke in how hard it is.Nandieb wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2026 3:44 pm That’s why I am saying they are too expensive.
If you lower their cost, people can catch up
30-40 weeks of consequitive BG grinding is too much. It need to be comparable to PvE gear progression
The upgrading makes perfect sense so new people actually have gear prog instead of steaight up saving for last tier thats out.Nandieb wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2026 6:36 pm 24k for blue 6 piece = little more than one week, it's too little
100k for t2 = 5 weeks, seems about reasonable to me
600k for t3 = 30 weeks is absolutely ridiculous
On top of that, on a progressing server, increased cost for higher tiers doesn't really make sense. You already have the obstacle of first having to farm the lower tier before upgrading, if you start later and are trying to catch up.
So I think we can agree that the amount of weeks necesary to farm t3 gear is too much.
There are two possible solutions: raising the 20k weekly cap, or lowering the prices.
Currently in my experience, on average across a week, 1k honor takes around 1hr of battleground play time, assuming a 50% winrate. Possibly it can be a bit higher, because as of now, we don't have Blood Ring and Thorn Gorge isn't happening, so we are missing out on some bonus days, and also I am playing alliance on N'Zoth so I can't get AV marks for the life of me because every game lasts 2 hrs and horde has 99% winrate, so a little bit more would be possible from the triple turn in.
That means right now to cap out, you have to invest about 20 hrs of play time exclusively for battlegrounds.
I think this amount is perfectly reasonable. That same amount of time would be plenty to raid 2-3 raids a week and to farm your consumeables, which is my measuring stick for this.
On top of this, when raiding, you can get away investing less time in some weeks, strictly raidlogging for 2 or 3 hrs, and still possibly get away with a tier piece in naxx or somewhere else.
If we get proper TG and BR days, we could consider raising the cap to 30k, but what really needs to happen, is an adjustment of prices:
I think every tier should cost around 120k fully, so it takes longer to get the early stages, but overall much less time
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest