This is not a bad idea either. It's an WMO, they can copy it and paste it into the overworld. Once again, this requires additional map sculpting in the overworld, so it's not as easy as just copying the asset as whole.Octosaur wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:16 am
What might be a better option is to just see if this layout can be fit into the overworld somehow and have it be a non-elite overworld dungeon akin to Jaedenar.
Unless they also copy the mine entrance, just make the dungeon non-instanced.
EDIT: I never realised that the entirety of the dungeon is spliced from already existing WoW assets, it looks so good I thought it's original.
For example the dungeon entrance, which I was really impressed by, because you can see the portal through a hole in the ground as you enter, is an unused (I think it's unused) cave model.
I only realized this a couple days ago when I was playing the Goblin starting zone and noticed the quarry cave has the exact same layout.
The message is them building upon the MoA version, it doesn't have to be original yet. Majority of Octo players never seen these assets, and they don't know it's from Epoch.Octosaur wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:16 am
This doesn't send the message you think it does. It's not new content, it's just someone else's content ripped and put into MoA. What people want is confidence in the team's design principles and creative skills, neither of which are necessarily served by this, and it essentially amounts to the same sort of work as they've got on their plate rebuilding and reintegrating the Nightmares of Ursol patch so it's not even a particularly novel showcase.
It's to be served as a bridge between what we have now, and the possible new content that's gonna be YEARS down the road from now.
That's an awfully lot of time for no new additions.
Octo team can still prove themselves artistically by cleverly adapting this Epoch content into the MoA world. The assets are ready made, all Octo needs to do is populate them with fitting NPCs and quests.
That's what early Turtle did with all the Alpha models, afterall.