DDoS Filtering Updates

Patch notes, server status, and major news.
User avatar
Archer
Posts: 59

DDoS Filtering Updates

Post#1 » Sat Sep 19, 2026 9:05 pm

We have successfully migrated to the new hardware in the Netherlands but we are still under constant DDoS attacks.
Our new DDoS filtering is only partially in place and we are still working with our providers to tweak them to scrub these ever evolving attacks. We can see the filters working under load but they are scrubbing legitimate traffic as well when being attacked.
We ask for your patience as we work through this filter tweaking process so we can provide you all the game we all love without interruption for years to come.
Sincerely,
Archer
Full Time Developer

Ocdonotsteal
Posts: 75

Re: DDoS Filtering Updates

Post#2 » Sat Sep 19, 2026 9:12 pm

Thanks for the update. The DDoS obviously hadn't fully stopped looking at the record of the authentication server, if the shape and density has been changing that kind of makes sense.

Kroogz
Posts: 3

Re: DDoS Filtering Updates

Post#3 » Sat Sep 19, 2026 9:22 pm

Thanks for the update Archer. Keep pluggin away d00d ;)

Nonamenl
Posts: 8

Re: DDoS Filtering Updates

Post#4 » Sat Sep 19, 2026 9:24 pm

I'm basically neighbours of the server and I don't get in, sadge.
Good luck fixing!

Edit: I'm in ! We are so back.
2nd Edit: those last 10 minutes were so fun.

Skyw
Posts: 13

Re: DDoS Filtering Updates

Post#5 » Sat Sep 19, 2026 9:42 pm

Looks like everythin went OFFLINE last couple of minutes, even on OctoWOW status page it says both login and relm are offline.

I dont loose hope tho, this will stabilize and be good

Ocdonotsteal
Posts: 75

Re: DDoS Filtering Updates

Post#6 » Sat Sep 19, 2026 9:47 pm

Skyw wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2026 9:42 pm Looks like everythin went OFFLINE last couple of minutes, even on OctoWOW status page it says both login and relm are offline.

I dont loose hope tho, this will stabilize and be good
Here's a handy site to keep an eye on instead of slamming your head against the login screen.

https://octowow-status.shunrai.workers.dev/

Skyw
Posts: 13

Re: DDoS Filtering Updates

Post#7 » Sat Sep 19, 2026 9:51 pm

Ocdonotsteal wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2026 9:47 pm
Skyw wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2026 9:42 pm Looks like everythin went OFFLINE last couple of minutes, even on OctoWOW status page it says both login and relm are offline.

I dont loose hope tho, this will stabilize and be good
Here's a handy site to keep an eye on instead of slamming your head against the login screen.

https://octowow-status.shunrai.workers.dev/
Thats the exact page i thought of when i said "OctoWOW status page" :)

Ocdonotsteal
Posts: 75

Re: DDoS Filtering Updates

Post#8 » Sat Sep 19, 2026 9:54 pm

Skyw wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2026 9:51 pm
Ocdonotsteal wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2026 9:47 pm
Skyw wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2026 9:42 pm Looks like everythin went OFFLINE last couple of minutes, even on OctoWOW status page it says both login and relm are offline.

I dont loose hope tho, this will stabilize and be good
Here's a handy site to keep an eye on instead of slamming your head against the login screen.

https://octowow-status.shunrai.workers.dev/
Thats the exact page i thought of when i said "OctoWOW status page" :)
Nice. Glad it's seeing use.

Maxidaxi021
Posts: 13

Re: DDoS Filtering Updates

Post#9 » Sat Sep 19, 2026 9:57 pm

I don´t know that website shows online and green but I still can´t log in

Skyw
Posts: 13

Re: DDoS Filtering Updates

Post#10 » Sat Sep 19, 2026 9:58 pm

Maxidaxi021 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2026 9:57 pm I don´t know that website shows online and green but I still can´t log in
It shows online, but login: offline, relm: unable to verify, which prob promts that main notification to say "online" but its not really... if u understadn what i want to say...

EDIT: Looks like you're right, now it claims "online" for both, but im stuck at " connecting"..."disconnected from server"

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Marcoday and 1 guest