DDoS Updates

Patch notes, server status, and major news.
Dohlik01
Posts: 2

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#11 » Thu Sep 24, 2026 12:11 pm

The character died on the HK due to a DDoS attack; they used to respawn, but today they don’t. I don’t want to create new characters because of the attacks. Previously, I understood that they would respawn. Obviously, it’s not the server’s fault, but it’s impossible to play like this.

Ht76bafrm
Posts: 42

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#12 » Thu Sep 24, 2026 12:26 pm

Not reachable now

User avatar
Baurox
Posts: 8

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#13 » Thu Sep 24, 2026 12:42 pm

I salute your great efforts, o custodians of Octo, and i salute your patience towards all the ungrateful, whining idiots who will find something to complain about regardless of what you give them. Truly, some people post such empty critiques, or have such ridiculous requests - all while being rude and entitled. As if this free product (and true heir of warcraft) was promised to them 10000 years ago. Bunch of fel demons.
Stay strong as you are my friends :mrgreen:
(͡ ͡° ͜ つ ͡͡°)

Dohlik01
Posts: 2

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#14 » Thu Sep 24, 2026 12:47 pm

What are you trying to say with that? Do you even have a brain? If it’s impossible to play in the HK, then what? Do you have to create a character and play every day?

User avatar
Brosecuervo
Posts: 4

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#15 » Thu Sep 24, 2026 1:34 pm

TY for the updates! We will patiently wait. :D

Schwarzschild
Posts: 43

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#16 » Thu Sep 24, 2026 3:16 pm

Just FYI: I had trouble connecting to N'Zoth since yesterday. I had to revert the changes made a few weeks ago to the "hosts" file in System32/drivers. Although I do suffer from a higher latency now (160 ms vs 90 ms until yesterday), this enabled me to connect without any issues.

User avatar
Krann
Posts: 9

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#17 » Thu Sep 24, 2026 4:50 pm

Theknopex wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:07 am
Fatsea wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 9:47 am
Momohomo wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 9:06 am I can report that it got very much better on my end indeed, compared to the last two weeks. Often enough I can log in right away, but sometimes I have to enable proton VPN and hope the free option gives me netherlands which has worked best, canada and usa also work but obviously come with increased latency.

Sometimes the VPN does not work too, then I simply restart my PC and mobile, which I use tethered for my internet connection and sofar this lets me login again everytime, without having to resort to a VPN for the session im playing. My unvpn'd connection latency also dropped from the average 75ms I had before to low as 30ms.

I wish I could donate easily but dealing with bitcoin is such a hazzle, either I have to give a crypto site like kraken my ID and everything, or I have to buy gas station vouchers, redeem on a sketchy third party site and pay minimum a 10% fee ontop to send octo them bitcoins. Am too old and too boomer for this lol
Bro, you hit the nail on the head. The complicated donation process is what keeps 60% of people wanting to donate but not knowing how to do it. Plus the latency issue - my ping has always been between 200-300, but before the update it could stay stable at 200. Obviously now it's gone up. I hope OctoWOW management can fix the latency and make the donation process easier!
Donating cannot be made easier any time soon, keeping anonimity makes their options very limited.
Latency is what is, it depends on where the hosting is, not something they can 'fiddle around' with.
I do believe making donation points tradable between players will go a long way in making free players contribute (albit indirectly) to the donation process and eliminate gold bots on the long run.

You'll still have the usual people who donate, but then you also have the people low on gold and willing to trade donation points with others for in-game gold (that is already existing in the game!), and this system have worked so far on Guild Wars 2 for over a decade so I think it's pretty fine.

User avatar
Berdal
Posts: 332

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#18 » Thu Sep 24, 2026 5:28 pm

Krann wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 4:50 pm I do believe making donation points tradable between players will go a long way in making free players contribute (albit indirectly) to the donation process and eliminate gold bots on the long run.

You'll still have the usual people who donate, but then you also have the people low on gold and willing to trade donation points with others for in-game gold (that is already existing in the game!), and this system have worked so far on Guild Wars 2 for over a decade so I think it's pretty fine.
I agree with you, but it's an unpopular opinion.

(https://octowow.st/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1190)

Straine
Posts: 1

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#19 » Thu Sep 24, 2026 6:47 pm

Unable to login without a VPN as of 9/24, some of my guildmates have the same issue.

User avatar
Nju
Posts: 4

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#20 » Thu Sep 24, 2026 6:48 pm

Keep fighting these DDoSser!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hataph and 1 guest