DDoS Updates

Patch notes, server status, and major news.
Dalgrum
Posts: 2

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#161 » Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:27 pm

Everyone talking about quitting the server because of the devs not being able to fix the ddos are clearly plants by whoever is ddosing trying to sway opinion

Vectorus511
Posts: 13

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#162 » Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:44 pm

Staring at the login screen for 30 minutes before work, staring at the login screen for 30 minutes after work, that's crazy. 5 weeks of suffering and they can't even offer a sale to their potential customers to keep them on the server. I've been here since Beta. Loyalty and patience are good, but everything has its limits. All my friends have already packed up. This is so fucking sad...

Beckett
Posts: 37

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#163 » Sun Oct 04, 2026 3:17 am

Defiant wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 6:38 pm
Beckett wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2026 3:19 am
Defiant wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 7:24 pm and the economy will only get stronger as more content is released--
Ooh... about that.... :roll: :lol:
What about it buddy. Use your words. Communicate like a fucking human being.
Third worlder I take it? Pretty easy to infer my meaning. I'll simplify it for you.
You aren't getting any new fucking content.

Also... wellness check on Kestrel? :?:

Length
Posts: 1

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#164 » Sun Oct 04, 2026 6:15 pm

Dalgrum wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:27 pm Everyone talking about quitting the server because of the devs not being able to fix the ddos are clearly plants by whoever is ddosing trying to sway opinion
Yeah people getting frustrated that they can't get on are plants. Get real :lol:

User avatar
Defiant
Posts: 280

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#165 » Sun Oct 04, 2026 10:38 pm

Beckett wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2026 3:17 am
Third worlder I take it? Pretty easy to infer my meaning. I'll simplify it for you.
You aren't getting any new fucking content.

That sort of feels like projection because it was pretty obvious I was talking about the release of ZG/BWL/AQ40/K40. There is a lack of demand for most consumables and enchantments due to MC/K10/Ony having been out as long as they have.

I honestly don't care that much about *new* content. They could maintain the raids of 1.18.1 and I'd be happy. I mean of course I'd like them to eventually work on that but there's already a ton of progression in 1.18.1
Sqweellex wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2026 7:01 pm As far as I'm concerned, they just gave up and stuck with what they had, hoping that sooner or later the DDoS would stop and the problem would resolve itself.
From my perspective it seems that about 90-95% of the community can connect without issue at this point. I've had no problems connecting over the past week. I'm not using a VPN. I'm not on the Whitelist. I'm also connecting from western NA so I'm pretty far from the server. My ping has actually decreased from around 180-190 down to 155 which was quite nice. So it's very strange for me to read the forums and see comments like yours to be honest.

They absolutely have not given up, and these issues now appear to be outlier situations.
Length wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2026 6:15 pm
Dalgrum wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:27 pm Everyone talking about quitting the server because of the devs not being able to fix the ddos are clearly plants by whoever is ddosing trying to sway opinion
Yeah people getting frustrated that they can't get on are plants. Get real :lol:
Nah, it's that most of you are posting from fresh accounts while thousands are online with no issues. I haven't had connection issues in at least a week, probably closer to two weeks now. So when I see my entire guild connecting without issues and I see a couple thousand people logged in I do start to question how many of these forum posters are legitimate.

I mean you're telling me whoever is behind the DDOS will spend thousands of dollars attacking Octowow but they wouldn't dare to step foot on the Forums to try and spread misinformation? :roll:

To be clear, I'm not dismissing all complaints here. I'm sure there are outlier situations with people having legitimate problems. But the majority of the community appears to be able to connect at this point without issues.
Twisted6 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:05 pm
Also this website tracks all the outages and there are many. https://octowow-status.shunrai.workers.dev/
I genuinely don't know what to tell you because that website is claiming the server was down at times when there were thousands logged in and I was connecting without issues.
<Insomnia> is recruiting. [NA] [N'zoth]

Community oriented Raiding Guild.

We plan to start hosting weeknight raids starting at 9pm EST with Wednesday/Thursday as our main raid days.

https://discord.gg/fEmGDxtphP

Kagebyou
Posts: 2

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#166 » Tue Oct 06, 2026 7:32 pm

Sqweellex wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2026 7:17 am
Kagebyou wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2026 6:50 am Guys chill, everyone is free to use their time as they see its fit so if u are that upset its maybe better for u to chose to play something else, i was here, i am here i will be here <3
The people here are just like you—folks who drop by after work to run around and kill some mobs. Anyone serious about achieving real results won't stay; many have already left and more will follow, and once the "Forever" realm launches, half the server population will simply drop off.

Let me break down exactly why people are leaving—and why entire groups will continue to quit.

Hardcore (HC) players: Given the server's stability issues, playing HC is impossible. People are simply tired of losing characters—not because of gameplay mechanics, but because of disconnects.

Raiders: Our previous group fell apart because raiding became impossible, partly due to the launch of the "Forever" beta. The new group we formed from the remaining players is bound to collapse too, given the current server stability. We have to reschedule our MC + Onyxia raid multiple times a week just to make it happen. And that’s just the one raid currently available. What happens when AQ comes out? How are we supposed to reschedule MC, Ony, ZG, BWL, AQ20, and AQ40?

For those who love Battleground (BG) PvP but don't play in premades, PvP is practically impossible. Solo players only have two days out of five where they can effectively farm rank and honor: Arathi Basin and Alterac Valley. In Warsong Gulch, a premade will steamroll you; not all classes participate in the arena; and the new custom BG is dead.
On a BG day, you spend minutes just logging in, then wait anywhere from 1 to 20 minutes for a match to pop. You get into the BG, fight for a few minutes, and then—disconnect. You try to log back in—taking fifty attempts—only to find yourself hit with a 15-minute penalty. Ultimately, out of an hour of PvP, you only get 5–10 minutes of actual combat; the rest is spent waiting for authorization, waiting for a penalty to expire, and waiting for a new match to pop.
Nah im dead serious about turtle i was a raider in old turtle which cleared almost all and i will be same in here too you're wrong to judge everyone regarding some other ppl that u saw thus far. Not everyone is thinkin or acting same buddy.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anthraxio, Godhead0, Izigud, Khalon and 1 guest