DDoS Updates

Patch notes, server status, and major news.
Ciggitybutts
Posts: 95

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#101 » Sat Sep 26, 2026 12:14 pm

Keep the chin up o7 Internet sucks these days.

User avatar
Maaadcheddarrr
Posts: 66

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#102 » Sat Sep 26, 2026 6:02 pm

Krann wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 4:50 pm
Theknopex wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:07 am
Fatsea wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2026 9:47 am
Bro, you hit the nail on the head. The complicated donation process is what keeps 60% of people wanting to donate but not knowing how to do it. Plus the latency issue - my ping has always been between 200-300, but before the update it could stay stable at 200. Obviously now it's gone up. I hope OctoWOW management can fix the latency and make the donation process easier!
Donating cannot be made easier any time soon, keeping anonimity makes their options very limited.
Latency is what is, it depends on where the hosting is, not something they can 'fiddle around' with.
I do believe making donation points tradable between players will go a long way in making free players contribute (albit indirectly) to the donation process and eliminate gold bots on the long run.

You'll still have the usual people who donate, but then you also have the people low on gold and willing to trade donation points with others for in-game gold (that is already existing in the game!), and this system have worked so far on Guild Wars 2 for over a decade so I think it's pretty fine.


This is literally RMT. I could not think of anything worse to add to the game.

Nslezakn
Posts: 5

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#103 » Sat Sep 26, 2026 6:31 pm

I’m gettiing this error:

[string "RealmListScrollFrame:OnLoad"]:
2: attempt to index global "_G' (a nil value)

Any idea what to do about it?

Xiae
Posts: 1

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#104 » Sat Sep 26, 2026 6:58 pm

How the fck can i add this ip adress to whitelist . There is no guide nothing its fcking disgusting =(

Pronoiaa
Posts: 1

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#105 » Sat Sep 26, 2026 7:00 pm

Had to reinstall the game and now I can't log in at all.

Kotae
Posts: 5

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#106 » Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:35 pm

Well, sorry to tell it but whoever stays behind the supposed DDoS attacks have achieved their goal of ruining your playerbase. They have effectively blocked at least half the potential players from connecting octo during EU primetime. And thus many will ask themselves if they want to waste their sparse free time during evenings on fruitless connection attempts instead of playing happily.

I'm not entirely convinced that pricks from capybara are behind these attacks and f*ck 'em anyway but i'm already convinced that i don't want to spend an hour at evening irritated about a game. I'll probably give in to the inner daemon whispering me to try wowF later, at least their servers will be stable (after mandatory for blizzard cluster f*ck up during release). Though i'm absolutely sure that modern blizzard corporate cucks will screw up in every possible way with the game (probably not so with their main goal to milk aged wow fans).


R.I.P. TWoW - it was my best WoW experience since 2004.

Doaksie
Posts: 60
Contact:

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#107 » Sat Sep 26, 2026 8:44 pm

I understand the frustration. What I don't understand is turning that frustration into financial gain for Blizzard, aka the same people who destroyed Turtle WoW... especially considering they WILL ruin Forever WoW. Their record has proven time and time again they are not to be trusted. Charging for a made up race is the brightest red flag. Just wait until the honeymoon phase ends.

Unstoppble
Posts: 1

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#108 » Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:58 am

I have dinamic ip adress / when u system add me to white list all was right !
but next day my ip changed i can't log in again .

Luckypost
Posts: 4

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#109 » Sun Sep 27, 2026 7:06 am

from yesterday cannot login always disconnect, seems attacks are hurting more...
Maybe its time to go to real way solution like other servers use.

Xaevtim
Posts: 1

Re: DDoS Updates

Post#110 » Sun Sep 27, 2026 11:32 am

Seriously this is getting riddiculous now. Its not possible to login right now. Im gonna take a break from playing on this server. If this is still an issue a month from now, then Im deleting my account. At that point I just have to realize your not capable of hosting a server.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brothsoup, Codingbunny, Donieg, Zeniterian and 1 guest